News Update : 19th day of April 2016
News update covers the essential news articles from various newspapers segregated according to various subjects falling under the realm of civil services preparations.
The aspirants are advised to make their own notes for future reference (Point wise)
Below are the topic wise important News for Today
- Services corner bulk of FDI inflows
- Are negative rates the new normal?
- Payments banks do not have a viable business model: SBI chief
- G-20’s warning on the global economy
- A view from the ground
- WPI inflation remains negative in March
[accordion_content accordion_label=”Polity and Governance”]
- Are there no rights violations in Union Territories, SC asks Centre
- Government clears 170 stalled projects
- India, OIC and the Kashmir charade
- What ails the Indian civil services?
- SC: Why compel deity to see women?
[accordion_content accordion_label=”International Relations & Security”]
- India-China military hotline likely
- The road not taken
- Defence preparedness: the way forward
- U.S.-Saudi alliance faces new pressures ahead of Obama visit
[accordion_content accordion_label=”Environment & Ecology”]
- A bitter sugar story
- What’s wrong with the tiger numbers
- Indiscriminate use of groundwater, Latur’s bane
[accordion_content accordion_label=”General Reading”]
- How to better the ‘new mediocre’
- Centre may need Parliament nod for some PSU stake sales
- An unjust briefing
- Don’t bar TASMAC, regulate it
- Why intervene in State matters, HC asks Centre
You may have observed that for the last few days there are no daily MCQs being posted. The reason behind that is that we have started a new initiative where we will be posting weekly updates on Issue based current affairs in video format. The Schedule will be GS -1 on Mondays, GS – 2 on Wednesdays and GS – 3 on Fridays; with a combined mock on Sunday. To view the Videos click on Current Affairs Section on the Home Page
To Take the Mock on current affairs : Click Here