Editorial Simplified : 04th Day of June 2016
This Series of posts covers the essential Editorial from prominent newspapers. The Editorial from the newspapers are compiled by the Subject Teachers form the Academy and provided in notes format so that the aspirants does not waste their precious time in sifting through the newspapers.
The aspirants are advised to bookmark this page for future reference
Click on the tab below to read the Editorial Simplified for each newspaper
[accordion_content accordion_label=”Indian Express”]
Editorial : Justice, incomplete
Special designated court has convicted 24 persons in the Gulberg Society case, taking the total number of people held guilty in the 2002 Gujarat riots cases to over 140.
- Gujarat 2002 was the first communal riot to be beamed live into the nation’s drawing rooms.
- Despite the attention, the pursuit of justice in Gujarat has been a tortuous journey for the victims and their families.
- Powerful interests involved in the riots did attempt to subvert the criminal justice system.
- The apex court took serious note of the complaints that investigators and the lower judiciary were collaborating with the riot makers.
Masterminds roaming free
- The perception is that only the foot-soldiers have been punished while the masterminds go free.
- Riots are not mere spontaneous acts of violence but often meticulously planned operations carried out by foot-soldiers of political groups or parties.
- The masterminds remain in the shadows, and, mostly, beyond the reach of law.
We at RMISG would appreciate your feedback and comments below. This will help us to know more about your doubts and provide you with even better experience on the website. Do take few minutes and give us your feedback in the comments section below.
Just Scroll down to give your feedback NOW.