Editorial Simplified : 25th Day of June 2016
This Series of posts covers the essential Editorial from prominent newspapers. The Editorial from the newspapers are compiled by the Subject Teachers form the Academy and provided in notes format so that the aspirants does not waste their precious time in sifting through the newspapers.
The aspirants are advised to bookmark this page for future reference
Click on the tab below to read the Editorial Simplified for each newspaper
Editorial : Stepping into the unknown
The editorial deals with the recent referendum in United Kingdom which led to it leaving the European Union
- A very few could imagine Britain leaving EU or Brexit an year back.
- The geographical divide in UK is well reflected in the disproportionate voting across regions.
- The chaos emanating from the vote underlines the recklessness of populist politics.
- A number of reasons might be responsible for this Brexit Verdict.
- Euroscepticism has been a strong sentiment among Britons for long and recently nationalist sentiment had grown stronger.
- Public anger in Britain against status quo might have contributed too.
- Britons who were hit hard by Economic crisis felt betrayed by their political leadership.
Implications of Brexit
- The exact implications of Brexit are hard to predict right now.
- But the tumbling of Pound and resignation of British Prime Minister give a taste if what’s to come.
- The vote has also put in doubt the unity of UK as Scotland has overwhelmingly voted against the exit.
- Brexit has posed a threat to European unity as well.
- Brexit may well remain an enigma for the world for sometime.
We at RMISG would appreciate your feedback and comments below. This will help us to know more about your doubts and provide you with even better experience on the website. Do take few minutes and give us your feedback in the comments section below.
Just Scroll down to give your feedback NOW.