Editorial Simplified : 28th Day of June 2016
This Series of posts covers the essential Editorial from prominent newspapers. The Editorial from the newspapers are compiled by the Subject Teachers form the Academy and provided in notes format so that the aspirants does not waste their precious time in sifting through the newspapers.
The aspirants are advised to bookmark this page for future reference
Click on the tab below to read the Editorial Simplified for each newspaper
Editorial : The question of Scotland
Scottish National Party leader Nicola Sturgeon recently declared that she would block UK’s exit from EU. The editorial examines the scenario.
A probable crisis for UK
- Scots overwhelmingly voted to stay in EU but cumulatively UK voted to exit EU.
- This means that when UK leaves EU , Scotland despite its public opinion largely in favour of staying will exit EU.
Reasons for Scotland favouring EU stay
- Young scotts value European labour market for employment
- Dissatisfied with English domination in UK, scotts always saw themselves as a part of European project.
Challenges Ahead for UK
- Even if Scotts pass a resolution against Brexit, London could dismiss it.
- But such dismissal could lead to deepening of crisis in UK which is a unique confederation of four nations with competing histories.
- EU laws are directly incorporated in certain Scottish legislations. So if UK leaves EU these laws would have to be repealed and replaced with new ones.
- Recent polls have suggested Scottish people now want to leave UK, hence an independence referendum is highly likely.
- If Scotland gets independence vote then it is likely that calls for Northern Ireland to be merged with Republic of Ireland( a EU member) will get louder.
The British leadership will have to ensue all these risks to ensure a smooth exit from the EU.
We at RMISG would appreciate your feedback and comments below. This will help us to know more about your doubts and provide you with even better experience on the website. Do take few minutes and give us your feedback in the comments section below.
Just Scroll down to give your feedback NOW.