Editorial Simplified : 30th Day of June 2016
This Series of posts covers the essential Editorial from prominent newspapers. The Editorial from the newspapers are compiled by the Subject Teachers form the Academy and provided in notes format so that the aspirants does not waste their precious time in sifting through the newspapers.
The aspirants are advised to bookmark this page for future reference
Click on the tab below to read the Editorial Simplified for each newspaper
Editorial : Explosive trail mail
The editorial examines a recent incident of a deadly fire at Central Ammunition Depot(CAD) in Pulgaon.
- TNT (trinitrotoluene) leakage setting off anti tank mines was officially sighted as the reason for the fire which killed 19 people.
- Inquiry has highlighted the following problems:
- Neglect at various levels in the system.
- Inordinate number of stakeholders in the line up.
- Lack of accountability and defective manufacturing process.
- The anti-tank mines involved were already declared defective in 2010 but the CAD was awaiting instructions on their repair or destruction.
- Stakeholders involved were: The Armament Research and Development Establishment(ARDE), High Energy Material Research Laboratory (HEMRL), the Ordinance factory and Defence Ministry.
- The multiplicity of decision makers led to delay in decision.
- Comptroller and Auditor General had also flagged the mines defective.
- The entire episode has raised grave issues.
- Defective mines should have not been supplied and should have been shunted out previously by Controllerate of Quality Assurance.
- Conflicting interests and controls of various stakeholders essentially led to the disaster.
- Lack of standards in defence manufacturing at a time when the country is keen on defence exports can be severely hurtful to the reputation of defence equipment.
- The time is right to kick start cure of systemic deficiencies and misalignments.
We at RMISG would appreciate your feedback and comments below. This will help us to know more about your doubts and provide you with even better experience on the website. Do take few minutes and give us your feedback in the comments section below.
Just Scroll down to give your feedback NOW.