Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the constitution of the Task Force committee for preparing action plan for next three Olympic Games 2020, 2024 and 2028.
Membership of the task force
|Shri Pulella Gopichand||Olympian and Coach|
|Shri Abhinav Bindra||Olympic Gold Medallist|
|Shri Rajesh Kalra||Chief Editor , Times Group Online|
|Shri Om Pathak||School Sports Promotion foundation|
|Shri Viren Rasquinha||CEO – Olympic Gold Quest|
|Shri S. Baldev Singh (Hockey)||Coach|
|Prof. G.L. Khanna||Professor and Dean (Exercise and Physiology) Faculty of Applied Sciences, Manav Rachna International University, Faridabad|
|Shri Sandeep Pradhan||Director General, Sports Authority of Gujarat (Member Convenor)|
Terms of reference of the Task force
- To suggest a comprehensive action plan including short-term, medium term and long-term measures for effective participation of Indian sportspersons in the next three Olympic Games to be held in 2020, 2024 and 2028.
- To suggest effective methods to identify core probable/medal prospects for 2020 Olympics, their coaches and support staff.
- To suggest effective talent identification system for 2024 and 2028 Olympics.
- To identify components of world-class support system for elite sportspersons and lay down the pathway.
- To suggest ways to achieve synergy in the efforts of key stakeholders within Government of India and across State Governments, IOA, National Sports Federations, NGOs, etc.
- To suggest ways to significantly improve the standards of coaching and sports scientist within the country.
- To suggest ways to create and upgrade sports infrastructure necessary to train top-level athletes.
- To make suggestion regarding foreign training and exposure of top-level athletes.
- To make recommendations on any other matters referred to the Task Force by the Government of India.