Various Schemes and Initiatives have been undertaken under the Start-up India Stand-up India Initiative. Some of the important Schemes and Initiatives are as follows :
Important Schemes | Ucchatar Aavishkar Yojana (UAY)
- The objective of UAY is to promote industry and outcome-oriented research projects by students. It is being implemented under Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- INR 475 crore has been provisioned for 2016-18.
- 180 proposals have been received from IITs and 92 have been approved.
Important Schemes | NIDHI (National Initiative for Development and Harnessing Innovations):
- NIDHI is an umbrella program by the DST for nurturing ideas and innovations (knowledge-based and technology-driven) into successful start-ups.
- The 8 components under NIDHI would provide a range of funding support to start-ups from idea to prototyping, fellowship, incubation, seed support acceleration support, , i.e. it would support each stage of a budding start-up from idea to market.
- One of these components, Startup-NIDHI, would financially support each of the selected start-ups with an ignition grant/award of INR 10 lakh.
- Guidelines and pro-forma for submission of proposals have been published on the website.
Important Schemes | Million Minds Augmenting National Aspirations and Knowledge (MANAK) scheme of DST:
- In context of Start-up India initiative, the INSPIRE Awards scheme is being revamped to foster culture of innovation through innovation focused programs for students.
- The scheme has been rechristened as INSPIRE Awards-MANAK (Million Minds Augmenting National Aspiration and knowledge).
- 10 lakh ideas will be targeted from 5 lakh schools across the country in a financial year.
- 1 lakh top ideas will be shortlisted for an INSPIRE Award of Rs. 5,000 each, for preparation of a project/model and participation in district-level exhibitions and project competitions.
- 10,000 best projects will be shortlisted for state-level exhibitions and project
- Top 1,000 awardees shortlisted at the state level will be given Rs. 20,000 each for development of improved prototype for national level event.
- Top 60 projects will be shortlisted for National Awards and mentoring and will also be showcased at the Annual Festival of Innovations in Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Important Schemes | Tinkering Labs
With a vision to ‘Cultivate one Million children in India as Neoteric Innovators’, Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) is establishing Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATLs) in schools across India. 257 Tinkering Labs sanctioned under AIM (out of more than 30,000 applications).