Sixty-four exporters dealing into range of Agriculture and Processed Food products are participating under the banner of APEDA in the Gulf Food 2017 in Dubai.
- The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority is an apex organization under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
- APEDA is mandated with the responsibility for Promotion and Development of the export of various agro products.
- APEDA’s export basket includes fresh and processed fruits and vegetables, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, pickles, chutneys, guar gum, poultry, meat and dairy products, confectionery, cut flowers, food grains, aromatic plants, Basmati Rice and Indian Long Grain Rice and other Indian delicacies.
Highlights of Indian food exports
- India is one of the largest producer of food in the world.
- India exports agricultural products to more than 80 countries world over. The export of Agro products for the year 2015-16 was to the tune of USD61 million.
Importance of UAE as a food market
- UAE market is a potential market for Indian food products i.e. Basmati Rice, Fresh Fruits & Vegetables, Non-Basmati Rice, Buffalo Meat, alcoholic Beverages, Sheep & Goat Meat, Processed Fruits and Juices, Cereal Preparation, Miscellaneous Processed items, Dairy Products, Milled Products, Wheat, Cocoa Products, Pulses, Other Cereals, Groundnut, Processed Vegetables, Floriculture, Guargum, etc.
- The export of APEDA scheduled products to UAE market for the year 2015-16 was USD 1371 million.