DRDO conducted the successful launch of the Interceptor Missile Advanced Area Defence (AAD) today from Abdul Kalam Island, Odisha.
- The endo-atmospheric missile, capable of intercepting incoming targets at an altitude of 15 to 25 kms successfully destroyed the incoming missile.
- All the mission objectives were successfully met.
- The weapon system radars tracked the target and provided the initial guidance to the interceptor which could precisely home on to the target and destroyed it in endo-atmospheric layer.
- The complete event including the engagement and destruction was tracked by a number of electro-optical tracking systems using infrared imagery.
- Radars and telemetry stations tracked the target and the interceptor till the destruction of the target.
Interceptor Missile | Significance
The launch has proved the Ballistic Missile Defence (BMD) prowess of the country.
To read more about the Interceptor Missile : Click Here
For more information keep visiting Raj Malhotra IAS Academy Group