The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh will be the Chief Guest at the ‘Destination NorthEast 2017’, to be held in Chandigarh from March 6-8, 2017.
Destination NorthEast | Organisers
The Ministry of DoNER in association with PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry is organising the mega event.
Destination NorthEast | Objective
- The objective of Destination North East, 2017 is to showcase North East as a potential destination for investment and highlight the rich traditions and customs of the region.
- It will also highlight the use of appropriate technologies in all sectors of development for North Eastern Region, with the major participation of Office of Principal Scientific Adviser to Government of India and Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR).
Destination NorthEast | Highlights
- The event would showcase the activities by various Ministries in North East and also provide an opportunity to different sectors to showcase and deliberate upon their achievements, issues and challenges.
- The event will provide a platform to discuss and develop linkage strategies at B2B and people to people level.
- Destination North East, 2017 will include round table discussions and exhibition stalls showcasing various features of the North East Region in order to attract investments in Tourism, Skill Development, Food Processing, Handlooms and Handicrafts, Rural Livelihoods, Entrepreneurship and Microfinance, Horticulture and Floriculture, Medicinal & Aromatic Plants, Organic Farming and Bamboo Development.
- The mega event will also include cultural programmes to highlight the rich tradition and culture of the NER.
- Performances by popular orchestra groups, – Shillong Chamber Choir and Angaraag Mahanta (Papon) will be the major attraction.