ICEGOV 2017 | Key facts for Prelims
- International Conference on Theory and Practice of Electronic Governance
- Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad (Minister of Electronics and Information Technology) to Inaugurate the event
- To be hosted for the first time in India, in collaboration with United Nations University and UNESCO.
- 560 papers from around 60 countries to be presented, which is highest number of paper submission in the history of ICEGOV.
Building Knowledge Societies: From Digital Government to Digital Empowerment
The event will be inaugurated by Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Hon’ble Union Minister of Electronics & Information Technology and Law & Justice in the presence of Ms. Maria Manuel Leitao Marques, Minister of Presidency and Administrative Modernization, Portugal, Shri P. P. Chaudhary, Hon’ble MoS, Electronics & Information Technology and Law & Justice, Mr. P. K. Sinha, Cabinet Secretary, and Ms Aruna Sundararajan, Secretary, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology.
About ICEGOV 2017
- ICEGOV 2017 is the 10th edition of ICEGOV, which will focus on the use of technology to transform relationships between government and citizens, businesses, civil society.
- It will try to inculcate an outlook to create new forms, paradigms, foundations for technology-enabled governance, collaboration, development.
- The 10th ICEGOV will bring together academia, governments, international organizations, civil society, and the private sector to share the insights and experiences in theory and practice of Digital Government.
- The key objective of ICEGOV2017 is to explore how Digital Government can lead to Digital Empowerment by local knowledge.
- It is a recognition of India’s emerging role as a massive cyber power, accelerated by the Digital India push which has acquired international acknowledgment.
- Digital Governance is the future of Good Governance, in sync with the Honourable Prime Minister’s vision to transform India into a transparent and digitally empowered country.
ICEGOV | Major Highlights
- In addition to research papers, experience papers, poster papers and doctoral research papers, the programme will also include keynote lecturers like Jane Fountain, Distinguished Professor from United States, Geoff Walsham, Professor from United Kingdom, Frank La Rue, Assistant Director General for Communication and information, UNESCO, plenary discussions and invited sessions by major institutional actors in the area.
- The programme also includes Digital Exhibition and special events highlighting the Indian experience and achievements in digital governance.