Modernisation of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is a continuous process.
One of the major recommendations of Kelkar Committee report was to review the functioning of Defence Research and Development Organisation. Accordingly, a Committee headed by Dr. P. Rama Rao was constituted by the Government for reviewing the functioning of DRDO.
Recommendations of the committee
The Committee submitted its report to the Government. After examination, the Government has implemented the following recommendations of the Committee.
- Created 07 technology based clusters headed by Directors General.
- Restructured Defence Research and Development Organisation corporate headquarters.
- Introduced ‘Integrated Financial Advice Scheme’ in Defence Research and Development Organisation for financial decentralization.
- Revamping Human Resource Policy.
- Renamed the designation of ‘DG, DRDO’ to ‘Chairman, DRDO’.