Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) every year has been organising Krishi Vigyan Mela (Agriculture Science Fair) to display and popularise the latest advancement in agricultural research and technology development among farmers and end users since 1972.
It continues to be a highly important annual event for receiving feedback from the farming community, which helps in deciding the Institute’s future research strategy. Thousands of farmers and visitors from across the country are participating in the mela every year.
Krishi Unnati Mela 2017
This year Krishi Unnati Mela 2017 will be organised from 15-17 March at the campus of IARI, New Delhi in jointly by ICAR and Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare.
Krishi Unnati Mela 2017 | Attractions
- Digitization in agriculture
- Organic farming
- Agribusiness models
- Precision farming
- Skill building and entrepreneurship development
- Live demonstrations on production technologies of crops, horticulture, Integrated Farming System, Protected cultivation
- Farmers’ visits to experimental fields of IARI
- Water use efficient technology: micro irrigation and sensor based irrigation system
- Recycling of waste water for agriculture
- Display and sale of various products (farm equipment, quality planting materials, bio-fertilisers, agro-chemicals, innovative farmers’ products) and machinery
- On-spot Soil and water testing
- Recognition of Innovative farmer
Krishi Unnati Mela 2017 | Technical Session
The technical sessions on various themes are planned to educate farmers on various agricultural technologies and Government schemes for agricultural development. A Women empowerment workshop will be organised to sensitise farm women on latest agricultural technologies and their rights.
Krishi Unnati Mela 2017 | Glimpse
- The three-day National Agricultural Fair, Krishi Unnati Mela 2016 was organized at the campus of IARI, New Delhi during March 19-21, 2016 in joint collaboration of DARE/ICAR and DAC, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare. The mela was inaugurated by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Sh. NarendraModi.
- Prime Minister also launched a Mobile App KisanSuvidha for providing various farmer friendly services.