Editorial Simplified : 1st Day of April 2017
This Series of posts covers the essential Editorial from prominent newspapers. The Editorial from the newspapers are compiled by the Subject Teachers form the Academy and provided in notes format so that the aspirants does not waste their precious time in sifting through the newspapers.
Editorial : Connected by air
UDAN scheme to connect the untapped cities to mainstream flight network
- To spur regional flights up to distance of 800km, the government launched the UDAN scheme which will now put another 43 cities on the flight map.
- 12 of these cities are those where limited but irregular flights operate and 31 are those where there are airports but no flight connectivity.
- UDAN scheme offers viability gap funding to airlines to operate on these unconnected routes.
- As a result of first round of bidding, 128 routes have been added to the network, adding 6.5 lakh seats at a cost to government of Rs 200 crore.
- The flight tariff has been capped at Rs 2500/- for a one hour flight for at least half the seats.
- Aviation activity leads to significant multiplier effects in terms of employment generation and investment spurring local economies.
- The next step now would be to look at options to de-congest major city airports so that they are not clogged by the now added traffic.
- With major foreign players expressing interest in operation of large airports, the aviation sector is witnessing renewed interest.
We at RMISG would appreciate your feedback and comments below. This will help us to know more about your doubts and provide you with even better experience on the website. Do take few minutes and give us your feedback in the comments section below.
To Download the pdf : Click Here
Just Scroll down to give your feedback NOW.