The Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh will inaugurate the web portal and mobile application named Bharat Ke Veer
Bharat Ke Veer | Highlights
- The portal is an IT based platform, with an objective to enable willing donors to contribute towards the family of a braveheart who sacrificed his/her life in line of duty. The Minister of State for Home Affairs Shri Kiren Rijiju and actor Akshay Kumar will also participate in the function.
- The site “Bharat ke Veer” will be available on web portal as well as mobile application.
- The amount so donated will be credited to the account of ‘Next of Kin’ of those Central Armed Police Force/Central Para Military Force soldiers. This domain allows anyone to financially support the bravehearts of his/her choice or towards the “Bharat Ke Veer” corpus.
Bharat Ke Veer | Objective
Aims to enable donors to contribute towards the family of a braveheart who sacrificed life in line on duty.
About Bharat Ke Veer portal and app
- This website is technically supported by National Informatics Centre (NIC) and powered by State Bank of India.
- To ensure maximum coverage, a cap of 15 lakh rupees is imposed and the donors would be alerted if the amount exceeds, so that they can choose to divert part of the donation to another braveheart account or to the “Bharat Ke Veer” corpus.
“Bharat Ke Veer” corpus would be managed by a committee made up of eminent persons of repute and senior Government officials, who would decide to disburse the fund equitably to the braveheart’s family on need basis.