The second quarterly review meeting on the Swachh Iconic Places (SIP), an initiative of Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation under Swachh Bharat Mission, was held today at Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine, in Katra, Jammu and Kashmir. Ten Swachh Iconic Places are already implementing action plans in phase 1.
Newly added places (under Phase II)
- Mahakaleshwar Temple, Ujjain,
- Char Minar, Hyderabad,
- Church and Convent of St. Francis of Assissi, Goa,
- Adi Shankaracharya’s abode Kaladi in Ernakulam,
- Gomateshwar in Shravanbelgola,
- Baijnath Dham, Devghar,
- Gaya Tirth in Bihar and
- Somnath temple in Gujarat.
Existing places (under Phase I)
- Ajmer Sharif Dargah
- CST Mumbai
- Golden Temple, Amritsar
- Kamakhya Temple, Assam
- Maikarnika Ghat, Varanasi
- Meenakshi Temple, Madurai
- Shri Mata Vaishno Devi, Katra, J&K
- Shree Jagannath Temple, Puri
- The Taj Mahal, Agra
- Tirupati Temple, Tirumala.
NOTE – Reasi declared the first ODF block in Jammu and Kashmir
For more keep visiting Raj Malhotra IAS Academy