President of the Republic of Turkey, H.E. Mr. Recep Tayyip Erdogan, paid a State Visit to India from 30 April-01 May 2017.
Agreements/MoU’s signed during the visit
- Cultural Exchange Program for 2017-2020
- MoU for Cooperation between Foreign Service Institute of India and Diplomacy Academy of Turkey
- Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Turkey and the Government of the Republic of India on Gainful Occupation for Family Members of the Members of Diplomatic Mission or Consular Post
- MoU between Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), India and Information and Communication Technologies Authority (ICTA), Turkey
- Cooperation Agreement between Press Trust of India (PTI)and Anatole Agency (AA) of Turkey.
- The two Leaders exchanged views on other international issues of common concern, most notably the fight against terrorism.
- The two Leaders reiterated their strong condemnation of and resolute opposition to terrorism in all its forms and manifestations, wherever committed and by whomever, and declared that there could be no justification for terrorism anywhere. Both sides urged all countries and entities to work sincerely to disrupt terrorist networks and their financing, and stop cross-border movement of terrorists.
- Both Leaders strongly condemned the use of double standards in addressing the menace of terrorism and agreed to strengthen cooperation in combating terrorism both at the bilateral level and within the multilateral system. In this regard, they called for early conclusion of negotiations on the Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism.
For More Keep Visiting Raj Malhotra IAS Academy