Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Hon’ble Union Minister for Electronics & Information Technology and Law & Justice today inaugurated the NIELIT Bhawan, a new state of the art green building of the National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology ( NIELIT Centre ) at Dwarka, New Delhi.
Features of NIELIT Centre
- NIELIT has endeavoured to lead by example and is empowering youth through Skill Development and Capacity Building initiatives.
- In addition to Digital Literacy, the demands for skill in basic Cyber Security concepts has also increased manifold, and NIELIT is equitably poised to address this challenge.
- For effective implementation of skill development programmes including Government of India’s initiatives at PAN India level, NIELIT should strive to ensure that it has the presence through at least one own Centre in each state.
What is NIELIT Centre?
- NIELIT is a key part of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) is engaged in Capacity Building and Skill Development of youth all over India.
- With the addition of a new campus, NIELIT has added another feather in its cap. Incidentally, NIELIT has PAN India presence through 36 own Centres and about 9000 training partners.
Highlights of the event
- Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Minister for Electronics & IT, Law & Justice inaugurates NIELIT Bhawan at Dwarka, New Delhi.
- The Minister directs all concerned departments to pool resources to transform India into a truly digitally literate state at the earliest.
- NIELIT launches e-Content Courses to cater to the areas with the shortage of training facilities.
- NIELIT registered a growth of 175% in last 5 years.
- NIELIT has launched 70 Apps for Android based Smart Phones on various topics of CCC (Course on Computer Concepts) course in 11 languages.
- 51 Skill Oriented courses of NIELIT have been aligned with NSQF at different levels.
- In the last five years, NIELIT has skilled about 33 lakh candidates.
- PAN India presence of NIELIT own Centres increases from 22 to 36 in the last 4 years. More Centres are in pipeline.
More about NIELIT Centre
- National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology (NIELIT),(erstwhile DOEACC Society), an Autonomous Scientific Society under the administrative control of Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MoE&IT), Government of India, was set up to carry out Human Resource Development and related activities in the area of Information, Electronics & Communications Technology (IECT).
- NIELIT is engaged both in Formal & Non-Formal Education in the area of IECT besides development of industry oriented quality education and training programmes in the state-of-the-art areas.
- NIELIT has endeavoured to establish standards to be the country’s premier institution for Examination and Certification in the field of IECT. It is also one of the National Examination Body, which accredits institutes/organisations for conducting courses in IT in the non-formal sector.