SEVA App Coal India would increase Consumer Connect as well as Transparency and Accountability in Coal dispatch: Shri PiyushGoyal
Introduction | Seva App
Union Minister of State (IC) for Power, Coal, New & Renewable Energy and Mines, Shri PiyushGoyal launched the SaralEindhanVitaran Application (SEVA), developed in-house by Coal India Limited (CIL)for power sector consumers, here today.
About SEVA App
- SEVA App is a part of ‘Digital India initiative, which is aimed at increasing the Consumer Connect as well as the Transparency and Accountability in Coal dispatch.
- For the benefit of all the citizens, the links for all mobile apps regarding Ministries of Power, Coal, NRE and Mines would be sent to the respective mobile number from which a missed call on the designated toll-free number 1800 200 300 4 is given.
- By using this app, the common man would be able to hold the Government accountable for the coal linkage allocations and would be able to check any pilferage or inefficiencies in coal consumption for power generation. This would, in turn, lead to rationalization of coal linkages and finally reduction in the power prices in the country. In near future, non-power sector mines would also be added in this App, the Minister added.
Highlights | Seva App
- SEVA Dashboard provides the summary of quantity of coal dispatched along with grades for the given day, month, and the latest yearly updates as well.
- It also provides information on rake movement including latest status of indents of rake, allotment and loading.This would help consumers making advance logistics planning.
- Further, the app has a dedicated backend team to monitor the status of specific grievances from consumers and take action on the feedback received on the app. While much of the information on the SEVA Dashboard is available in open access, consumer specific data would be password protected.