Dr.Jitendra Singh launched a new training programme Comprehensive Online Modified Modules on Induction Training ( COMMIT ) for State Government officials.
The objective of this training programme is to improve the public service delivery mechanism and provide citizen-centric administration through capacity building of officials who interact with the citizens on day-to-day basis.
- The new training programme will supplement the earlier training programme and the advantage of COMMIT is that it is cost-effective and has the potential to cover about 3.3 lakh officials annually, compared to 10,000 officials under existing 12-Day Induction Training Programme (ITP).
- COMMIT will be launched in 6 States of Assam, Haryana, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Telangana and West Bengal initially on a pilot basis during the current financial year 2017-18 and within next year it is expected to cover all India level.
- COMMIT has been designed in such a way that it allows to translate the content in local/regional languages.
- The COMMIT programme, developed by DoPT in collaboration with United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), will supplement the existing 12-Day ITP launched in 2014-15 for newly recruited state Government officials to develop in them Generic & Domain specific competencies.
- The programme will be implemented through State Administrative Training Institutes (ATIs).