The Tamil Nadu Government has launched an SOS (emergency) app in the wake of rape and murder of a 26 year old veterinarian in Hyderabad.
In news –
Due to ticket price hike for Vaikunta Ekadasi darshan.
About Parthasarthy temple –
- The Parthasarathy Swamy Temple (situated at Chennai, Tamil Nadu) is one of the 108 Divya Desams, is said to have been renovated by a King of Pallava dynasty.
- The presiding Deity of this temple Sri Venkatakrishna Swami also known as “GEETHACHARYA”.
- According to Brahmanda purana, King Sumathy prayed Lord Thiruvengada of the Seven Hills to give him darshan in the form of the Charioteer (SARATHY) to PARTHA during the MAHABHARATA WAR and rendering GEETHA.
- The central figure enshrined in the sanctum sanctorum is being worsipped as “SRI VENKATAKRISHNA SWAMY”.
Tiger deaths reduced
For the first time in the past three years, the number of tiger deaths in a year in the country has been less than 100, according to the data from the Ministry of Forest Environment and Climate Change (MoEFCC).
- The last tiger census report, released in July 2019, had placed the number of tigers in India at 2,967, up by a third when compared with the numbers reported in 2014.
- Madhya Pradesh, which has the highest number of tigers in the country (526, as per the last census).
About Project Tiger –
- Project Tiger was launched in Jim Corbett National Park of Uttarakhand in 1973.
- It is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme of the Ministry of Environment and Forests.
- It is administered by the National Tiger Conservation Authority.
- Aim – Protect tigers from extinction by ensuring a viable population in their natural habitats.
- Government has set up a Tiger Protection Force under Project Tiger to combat poachers.
- It funds relocation of villagers to minimise human-tiger conflicts.