Amid lockdown in Russia, Gaganyaan trainees healthy
Russian space company Glavkosmos JSC has confirmed that Indian astronaut trainees in Moscow who are there for the training of Gaganyaan Mission are safe and healthy. The training is also continuing.
About Gaganyaan Mission –
- Gaganyaan is the ₹10,000-crore Indian human space flight scheduled for 2022.
- It is designed to have 3-7 crew members spend 3-7 days in space in a 400-km orbit.
- GSLV Mk III, also called the LVM-3 (Launch Vehicle Mark-3) the three-stage heavy lift launch vehicle, will be used to launch Gaganyaan as it has the necessary payload capability.
- Under the Gaganyaan schedule, three flights will be sent in orbit. Of the three, there will be two unmanned flights and one human spaceflight.
Hospitals warned of cyberattacks
The International Criminal Police Organisation (INTERPOL) has warned member countries that cybercriminals were attempting to target major hospitals and other institutions on the front lines of the fight against COVID-19 with ransomware.
In an alert sent to 194 nations, including India, Interpol said organisations at the forefront of the global response to the COVID-19 outbreak had also become targets of ransomware attacks, which were “designed to lock them out of their critical systems in an attempt to extort payments.
About INTERPOL –
- Interpol is the world’s largest international police organisation, with 184 member countries.
- Established in 1923, it enables cross-border police cooperation, and supports and assists all organisations, authorities and services whose mission is to prevent or combat international crime.
- The headquarters of Interpol is located at Lyon, France.
- Interpol has objectives to facilitate international police cooperation even where diplomatic relations are not present between certain countries.
- Action is taken within the limits of existing laws in different countries and in the spirit of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- Interpol’s constitution prohibits ‘any intervention or activities of a political, military, religious or racial character.’
- Each of the member countries hosts an INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB). This connects their national law enforcement with other countries and with the General Secretariat via a secure global police communications network called I-24/7.
The Innovation Cell of the Ministry of Human Resources Development and All India Council for Technical Education in collaboration with Forge and InnovatioCuris launched a mega online challenge – SAMADHAN – to test the ability of students to innovate.
What is it?
Under the “Samadhan” challenge, the students and faculty will be motivated for doing new experiments and new discoveries and provide them with a strong base leading to spirit of experimentation and discovery.
- The students participating in this challenge will search and develop such measures that can be made available to the government agencies, health services, hospitals and other services for quick solutions to the Coronavirus epidemic and other such calamities.
- Apart from this, through this “Samadhan” challenge, work will be done to make citizens aware, to motivate them, to face any challenge, to prevent any crisis and to help people get livelihood.
The coronavirus pandemic has revived the acrimonious debate between euro zone countries about jointly issuing debt to meet healthcare needs and address the deep economic downturn that is set to follow. Nine of the 19 countries that use the single currency called on March 25 for a common debt instrument issued by a European institution to fight the outbreak and its effects.
- The idea of such debt, called “coronabonds”, was rejected by Germany, the Netherlands, Finland and Austria, fiscally “frugal” northern states wary of pooling liabilities with what they see as more spendthrift countries in southern Europe.
- The idea of joint debt issuance was previously raised by Italy, during the 2009 global financial crisis, and by France and Italy in 2012, at the peak of the euro zone’s sovereign debt crisis, and dismissed by Berlin and its allies.