Editorial Simplified : 31st Day of March 2017
This Series of posts covers the essential Editorial from prominent newspapers. The Editorial from the newspapers are compiled by the Subject Teachers form the Academy and provided in notes format so that the aspirants does not waste their precious time in sifting through the newspapers.
Editorial : A clean-up Act
The Supreme Court has banned the sale and registration of vehicles that are not BS-IV compliant, from April 1, 2017 onwards.
- The Supreme Court argued that public health takes primacy over the commercial interests of certain manufacturers.
- It said that automobile makers had ample time to prepare for transition to BS-IV from April 1 onwards and their pipeline inventory is their own doing.
- On the part of manufacturers, they had hoped that like the transition from BS-II to BS-II, this time too it would be protracted over a few months.
- But the SC axe falling on them has left them with a stock of about 8.34 lakh vehicles, primarily two-wheelers and commercial vehicles. Car-makers had switched over to BS-IV norms gradually.
- Not allowing these 8 lakh vehicles on the roads along with already existing 19 crore such vehicles might not bring about huge emission control, but it is an important decision for the signal it sends across.
- Now, the onus is on the government to ensure uniform BS-IV quality fuel in the entire country, not just because the newer engines cannot run on older quality fuel but also because the government must also show it’s seriousness to reduce emissions.
- The next logical step in this process is for the industry to prepare, and the government to facilitate, for the direct jump from BS-IV emission standards to BS-VI emission standards by April 1, 2020.
We at RMISG would appreciate your feedback and comments below. This will help us to know more about your doubts and provide you with even better experience on the website. Do take few minutes and give us your feedback in the comments section below.
To Download the pdf : Click Here
Just Scroll down to give your feedback NOW.