The National Health Mission (NHM) aims for attainment of universal access to equitable, affordable and quality health care services, accountable and responsive to people’s needs, with effective inter-sectoral convergent action to address the wider social determinants of health.
National Health Mission | Key programmatic components
- Health Systems Strengthening including infrastructure, human resource, drugs & equipment, ambulances, MMUs, ASHAs etc under National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) and National Urban Health Mission (NUHM).
- Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health Services (RMNCH + A)
- Communicable Disease Control Programmes
- Non-Communicable Diseases Control Programme interventions upto District Hospital level
- Infrastructure Maintenance- to support salary of ANMs and LHVs etc.
National Health Mission | Objectives
- Reduction in child and maternal mortality
- Prevention and control of communicable and non-communicable diseases, including locally endemic diseases.
- Access to integrated comprehensive primary health care.
- Population stabilisation, gender and demographic balance.
For more information keep visiting Raj Malhotra IAS Academy