National Entrepreneurship Awards 2016 to be presented by Home Minister Rajnath Singh on 30th January 2017
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MoSDE) has instituted the “National Entrepreneurship Awards” to encourage a culture of entrepreneurship across the country.
About the National Entrepreneurship Awards
- The National Entrepreneurship Awards will be presented annually in a public function beginning 2016.
- The first Award Ceremony will take place on 30th January 2017 where awards in 11 categories will be given.
- Involvement of youth is at the heart of this Award Scheme, to ensure the involvement of youth, the Ministry has partnered with premier institutes of higher learning across the country, including IIT Delhi, IIM Ahmedabad, IIT Mumbai, TISS Mumbai, IIT Chennai, XLRI Jamshedpur and IIT Kanpur, to implement the scheme.
Objective of the National Entrepreneurship Awards
- These premier awards seek to recognise and honour young entrepreneurs and their entrepreneurship ecosystem builders for their outstanding efforts in the field of entrepreneurship development.
- The Awards also seek to highlight models of excellence for youth of India and encourage them to take entrepreneurship as a preferred career option.
Significance of National Entrepreneurship Awards
- Pioneering this national initiative will provide models of excellence in the entrepreneurship ecosystem that would inspire the youth, specially the first generation entrepreneurs to improve and excel in their entrepreneurial pursuits.
- This would give a tremendous encouragement and inspiration to the ecosystem builders in excelling in their commitment towards spearheading a cultural shift in youth entrepreneurship through education and capacity building that includes teaching, training, practice, handholding, mentoring, networking, funding and scholarly and/or creative activities.
Source : PIB