The Tribal Health Care Research Program (THCRP) was started by the Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS), an autonomous organization under Central Government in 1982.
About the Project
The project involves studies of the living condition of tribal people including health Traditions (LHT); use of common medicinal plants in the area; propagation of knowledge about hygiene and prevention of diseases; and extending medical aid at door steps.
Tribal Health Care | Objectives
- Provide health care facility to tribal population;
- Promote healthy living among tribes; and
- Collect and document the folk claims and local health traditions to enable research etc.
Tribal Health Care | Progress of the scheme
- Population covered (target): 80,000
- Population covered (actual): 89120
- Documentation of folklore/LHT (target): 160
- Documentation of folklore/LHT (actual): 125