UPSC Syllabus 2018 PHASE 1: PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION – CSAT
CSAT or Civil Services Aptitude Test is the first phase of a preliminary examination of UPSC. This test basically helps in finding the individual ability of thinking in ‘Reasoning and Analytics’. IAS prelims exam is consists of two paper of objective type. The Following table is about UPSC Prelims Exam Pattern.
(this is qualifying paper for mains examination)
Qualifying in nature with 33% passin
UPSC SYLLABUS FOR PRELIMS PAPER I
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization General Science
UPSC SYLLABUS FOR PRELIMS PAPER II
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
For more Visit Raj Malhotra IAS Institute Chandigarh