1. ‘Purvodaya’ initiative has been launched by the -
Ministry of steel in partnership with CII and JPC is organising the launch of Purvodaya-Accelerated Development of Eastern Region through an Integrated Steel hub.
2. Which of the following statement(s) is/are correct about the ‘Right to Property’? 1. Originally, the Constitution provided the ‘right to property’ as a legal and constitutional right. 2. Article 300-A provides for the right to property in the Constitution of India.
Originally fundamental rights Article 19(1)(f) guaranteed to every citizen the right to acquire, hold and against deprivation of his property. After several controversies, many amendments were made which introduced Article 31 A, B, C to prevent Judicial Review of certain laws. Finally with the 44th Constitutional Amendment Act of 1978 Article 19(1)(f) and Article 31 from Part III were repealed. Article 300A in Part XII under the heading 'Right to Property’ was introduced. It provides that no person shall be deprived of his property except by authority of law. Thus, the right to property still remains a legal and a constitutional right.
3. Which of the following statement(s) is/are correct about Asian Waterbird Census? 1. It was started in the year 1985 for bird counting and monitoring. 2. It is organised by ‘Wetlands International’ to focus on monitoring the status of waterbirds and wetlands. 3. The data collected is shared to international organisations such as IUCN and Ramsar Convention.
It was started in the year 1987.
4. Which of the following statement(s) is/are correct about ‘freedom of speech and expression’? 1. Article 21 of the Constitution deals with the right to freedom of speech and expression under the overall ambit of ‘right to life and personal dignity’. 2. Freedom to post on social media is a fundamental right.
Article 19 of the Constitution of India ensures freedom of speech and expression, on which the State can impose reasonable restrictions in the interests of the sovereignty and integrity of India, the security of the State, friendly relations with foreign States, public order, decency or morality or in relation to contempt of court, defamation or incitement to an offence. The Chief Justice of Tripura High Court in his order broadly remarked that posting on social media was tantamount to a “fundamental right” applicable to all citizens, including government employees.
5. Which of the following statement(s) is/are correct about Kaziranga National Park? 1. It was formed in 1908 on the recommendation of Mary Curzon. 2. It was declared a UNESCO World Heritage site in the year 1985. 3. It is famous for great one-horned rhinoceros.
Kaziranga National park is a 430 square kilometer area sprinkled with elephant-grass meadows, swampy lagoons, and dense forests is home to more than 2200 Indian one-horned rhinoceros, approximately 2/3rd of their total world population. Formed in 1908 on the recommendation of Mary Curzon, the park is located in the edge of the Eastern Himalayan biodiversity hotspots – Golaghat and Nagaon district in Assam In the year 1985, the park was declared as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Along with the iconic Greater one-horned rhinoceros, the park is the breeding ground of elephants, wild water buffalo, and swamp deer. Over the time, the tiger population has also increased in Kaziranga, and that’s the reason why Kaziranga was declared as Tiger Reserve in 2006.