1. Which of the following cities has recently topped the ‘World’s fastest growing cities’ tag by the Economist Intelligence Unit (in India)?
Malappuram was ranked No. 1 in the world rankings with a 44.1 per cent change between 2015 and 2020. While Kozhikode was ranked fourth with 34.5 per cent change and Kollam was at number 10 with 31.1 per cent.
2. Which of the following statement(s) is/are correct about the Indian Road Accident Database? 1. It has been developed by the Indian Institute of Technology-Kharagpur. 2. It will be implemented by the National Informatics Centre.
It has been developed by the Indian Institute of Technology - Madras.
3. Which of the following statement(s) is/are correct about the Statue of Unity? 1. It is located between Satpura and Vindhya range of mountains. 2. It has been recently announced as the eighth wonder of the world.
It has been listed amongst the eight wonders of the SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organisation).
4. Which of the following statement(s) is/are correct about the Commissionerate System? 1. It can be applied by the State government only with a prior consent of the Governor of the State. 2. The Commissioner of Police (CP) as the head of a unified police command structure is also accorded with magisterial powers.
There is no need of the concurrence of the Governor of the state. It can be introduced by merely an executive action of the state government (police being a state subject).
5. Which of the following statement(s) is/are correct about the Island Development Agency? 1. It was formed in the year 1971 during Bangladesh Liberation War to protect the vulnerable islands of Andaman and Nicobar from Pakistani aggression. 2. It is chaired by the Union Home Minister.
The Union Government constituted the Island Development Agency on 1st June, 2017 for the development of islands. It is chaired by the Union Home Minister. Members of the agency include Cabinet Secretary, Home Secretary, Secretary (Environment, Forests and Climate Change), Secretary (Tourism) and Secretary (Tribal Welfare).